Community Days 2023
City-Sponsored Schedule of Events
Monday, July 3
- Pet Parade, Participants should pre-register online here. Bring out the dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, iguanas, or whatever -- if it's your pet, it qualifies for the Children’s Pet Parade! (Only wild animals are excluded). The Children's Pet Parade, open to kids ages 15 and younger only, is designed as a good-natured competition where pets, with some assistance from their owners, compete in a variety of categories. Award categories are Best Trick, Pet/Owner Look-Alike, and Best Float. Pet Joke (available to kids with or without a pet). Ribbons and prizes, provided by Blue Ribbon Grooming, are awarded to first, second, and third places in each category.
Ages 15 and younger
Registration: 5:30 - 6 p.m.; event starts at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, July 4
- Community Days Parade, 10 a.m., The 2023 Community Days Parade Presenting sponsor is Telle Tire & Auto Centers.
- The parade travels along a two-mile route through the streets of Webster Groves and draws a crowd of thousands of spectators. The parade begins at Lockwood and Selma and ends at Elm and Glendale (Memorial Park). A first place (Best) and an honorable mention (Outstanding) winner will be awarded in each of the following categories: Children's Entry, Civic Entry, Classic Entry, Commercial Entry, Performing Entry, Visiting Entry, Novelty Unit, Special Judges' Awards (two awards for deserving units that impress the judges for various reasons). You can view the full list of parade participants here.
- Independence Day Fireworks, 9:45 p.m. located at Memorial Field. We have a zone set up around the fireworks for the safety of our community. You will not be able to sit inside the safety zone but would be able to view the fireworks safely from anywhere outside of that zone. You can view the safety zone by clicking here. Please wait until the day of the fireworks to reserve your viewing area. Tarps and blankets placed before the show may be removed to preserve the turf and allow for the set-up of events. Removed items may be claimed at the Rec Complex.
- For public safety reasons, the Aquatic Center will be closed the entire day of July 4 to allow for the safe delivery of the fireworks and the set-up.
- The fireworks show for Community Days is sponsored through generous donations from area businesses and residents like you. If you would like to help sponsor this event you may click on the Paypal link below and make an online donation. Or if you would prefer you can mail a check to #33 E. Glendale Road, Webster Groves, MO 63119 attn: Fireworks. Thank you for your support!
Lions Club Carnival and BBQ
The Webster Groves Lions Club Carnival and BBQ will take place on the grounds of Eden Seminary (Corner of Lockwood & Bompart) July 1-4, 2022.
Saturday, July 1: 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. ($30 Wrist Bands from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
Sunday, July 2: 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. ($30 Wrist Bands from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
Monday, July 3: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Tuesday, July 4: 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
o 18 rides, including 2 inflatables
o Two unlimited ride wristband days: Saturday, July 1 and Sunday, July 2, For $30, you can ride from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
o Food offerings include pork burgers, chicken, bratwurst, burgers, and hotdogs.
o The Lions Club will have a carryout area available as well.
o Saturday, July 1st - The Heydays from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
o Sunday, July 2nd – Mindbenders from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
o Monday, July 3rd – Off Topic from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
o Tuesday, July 4th - Bluestone Roots from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
o Handicap Parking is on the West parking lot of Eden’s campus for $10/car.
o Across the street, at Emmanuel Episcopal Church there is $10/car parking available. (Please cross at Lockwood and Bompart intersection).
o There will be drop off and pick-up on Lockwood & Bompart in the permit parking zone.
All parking proceeds go to Webster Groves High School Band-Aides.
For the latest information on the carnival, please visit the Webster Groves Lions Club website.