Webster Groves Municipal Division
|Date||Hours of Operation|
|Monday, September 4||CLOSED|
|Thursday, November 23||CLOSED|
|Friday, November 24||CLOSED|
|Monday, December 25||CLOSED|
|Tuesday, December 26||CLOSED|
Upon received approval from the St. Louis County Circuit Court, the Webster Groves Municipal Division will resume court activity involving personal appearances pursuant to the following interim policies, procedures, and practices. The health and welfare of everyone involved in the judicial proceedings is paramount. The Webster Groves Municipal Division will continue to update procedures as information and guidelines change in order to protect citizens and employees as we progress through reopening during this pandemic.
CURRENT IN-PERSON COURT PROCEDURES
Municipal Court is generally conducted on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at 5:30 pm in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, #4 East Lockwood, Webster Groves, Missouri, 63119.
- Masks are recommended for all participants regardless of vaccination status.
- Only a limited number of people will be allowed inside the courtroom at one time. To minimize the number in attendance, except as necessary to physically assist a defendant, friends and family members of defendants will be denied entry.
- Participants waiting inside or outside the building will be required to maintain a safe social distance from the others around them.
- Hand sanitizer will be available through out the building.
ALTERNATE MEANS FOR COURT OPERATIONS
- The court will continue to employ a liberal policy to facilitate pleas without personal appearances. Certain non-traffic matters may be exempt from this policy as determined by the court.
- Attorneys who receive recommendations from the Prosecutor, normally requiring a court appearance (i.e. probation to be ordered), may request the case be handled by mail.
- Defendants who would normally be required to appear will be given the option to return a written guilty plea to the Court. The Judge will review their case file and subsequently send them sentencing and payment information. The defendant needs to sign and return the plea and sentence documentation along with payment for the cases prior to the court date given. If documents are not signed and returned with payment prior to the court date, the defendant will need to appear before the Judge on their court date.
If you had insurance on the day you got pulled over, you can submit this proof by email or by completing the online form below PRIOR to your court date.
- Proof of Insurance Form
- If you do not received a response from the Court within 2 business days, please contact the Court to ensure your proof was received. Do not assume your case has been closed.
If you did not have insurance on the day you got pulled over, you can bring valid current insurance along with payment to the court office PRIOR to your court date during business hours.
If you have questions regarding insurance tickets, please contact the court during business hours.
DO I HAVE TO APPEAR?
Please know that not all cases are require a court appearance. Some cases can be handled PRIOR to your court date through the court office. Please contact the court PRIOR to your court date if you have questions on if your case can be resolved without an appearance.
CAN I REQUEST A NEW COURT DATE?
If a continuance request has NOT been previously submitted, you can request a new court date by completing our online request form below. If we are able to accommodate your request, we will send you a confirmation email with additional information. A court appearance will be required for cases that have previously been granted a continuance.
*If you have an attorney, your attorney will need to e-file a request for continuance with the Court prior to the scheduled court date. Attorneys do not use the form below to request a new date.
VIEW YOUR TICKET AND COURT DATE INFORMATION ONLINE
Tickets Issued/Filed AFTER 1/1/2020
Information regarding these tickets is available online at Missouri Case Net. You can sign up for automatic notifications, reminders, and alerts regarding your case by visiting www.courts.mo.gov/casenet
Tickets Issued/Filed BEFORE 1/1/2020
Information regarding these tickets is available online at www.municourt.net.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
Individuals who require an accommodation (sign language, interpreter, listening devices, etc.) to participate in the court process should contact the City Clerk at 314-963-5318 (fax number 314-963-7561) or Relay Missouri at 1-800-735-2966 (TDD) at least two working days prior to the court date.
ADDITIONAL COURT INFORMATION
VIRTUAL COURT SESSIONS
All municipal court dockets for the City of Webster Groves will begin to be held in-person starting Wednesday, August 11, 2021. There are no virtual dockets scheduled for the future.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
It is your responsibility to notify the court of any change of address. If you fail to notify the court of a change of address, you run the risk of the court not being able to notify you of a change of court date, dismissal of charge, refund of payment, or other important actions. If you have recently changed your address, please notify this Court by completing the online change of address form located below. Click here for link to address change form.
Fees & Payment Options
Fees and payment options can be found on the payment options page, or by clicking the following link. Link to Payment Options Web Page.